Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

SMH Half Marathon

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/179935700#

Distance:21.1 km
Time:1:33:25
Avg Pace:4:26 min/km
Elevation Gain:600 m
Avg HR:173 (93%)
Max HR:186 (99%)
Very, very happy and somewhat surprised by the result. Kept waiting for the wheels to fall off, but never happened. Ran a negative split in the second 10k which makes me happy as that was where all the uphill sections were. I thought I would have made up extra time on the first 4k which were downhill but didn't work out like that. HR was way up - I kind of think that it's not accurate, because I can't see how I could have sustained 93% of max for that duration. But there's no massive spikes so it seems like it was working. Wasn't right up until about 20.5k where we hit a short, sharp hill coming out of the Gardens that I felt like I was actually spent. Just gave it what I could to finish off.

Negative split
This week has just been so nasty. Still have this annoying knee issue that I cant work out. Will try a new taping technique next week. I guess one reason I'm happy is because I have only really been doing base work and a few tempo paced efforts but only a tiny amount. Zero speed work apart from the odd strides here and there. Makes it feel like I have improved and that the potential for a lot more improvement is there (if I don't fuck myself up).

The only time I'll ever look like I'm at the front

Plan on going to the gym and checking out what its like too. Need to get some proper strength work done. Saw Ross Johnson from Runnerstribe.com.au where I won the entry from - said thanks. He was hurt but still easily holding the same pace as me!

Weekly Totals:


Running: 75.91km (on the garmin - probably a touch less in reality)

Time: 6:06:49


Such a shit week, but finished on a high. Wanted to be hitting 85k but dropped yesterdays 8k recovery because I'd been feeling so ordinary. Hopefully up around the mid to high 80's next week, and the legs recover ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment