Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

25km Long Run

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/177512964

Distance:25.03 km
Time:2:08:08
Avg Pace:5:07 min/km
Elevation Gain:365 m
Legs let me down today. Same right sided ITB/hip/quad issue that came on yesterday. hopefully resting and massage tomorrow will have it sorted for the coming week. Struggled through about 22k with discomfort. Another problem is my left big toe still. Its gone black but its quite uncomfortable.


Ran down the hill to Richmond then back up the hill home. Its the run I never want to do because it has 6k descending and 6k ascending (obviously) which means I cant get a fair idea of fitness as I'm cruising downhill at a low HR and then running at a high HR on the way back up. Hopefully the hills are making me fitter and stronger. Overall I felt cardiovascularly strong, just the legs let me down today.


Weekly Totals:


Running: 77.26km
Cycling 24.07km


Time: 7:41:32 


Drop in volume this week. Yesterdays faster run has resulted in another niggle to add to the collection. Got some protein powder to supplement with - hopefully will make some adjustments to my nutrition. Finally feel like I've gotten over illness this week. 


Noticed did 1061m of elevation gain this week, 760m last week. That's despite 13k less this week than last week. Could be why the ITB has flared, mostly though I think it was the pace. Also the ride had 400m+ elevation gain as well. Really hope its making me stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment