Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

8km Recovery + Injury

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/212782816

Distance:8.00 km
Time:41:05
Avg Pace:5:08 min/km
Elevation Gain:108 m
Remarked to someone after last weekends City 2 Surf that I was feeling really good and on track to hit 3:10 at Sydney as "long as the wheels don't fall off". Famous last words. Foot pain after last Thursday ended up pretty bad, had a quick acupuncture session at uni on Friday morning, continued icing etc, went to run Saturday and 500m in had to stop. Ran Sunday morning and was able to sustain 8km but it wasn't particularly enjoyable.

Still aching a little in the morning - probably shouldn't have run Sunday. Put the foot into the cold salt water up at Port Stephens over the weekend a few times. Seeing Damien tomorrow - need the calves smashed and some more needles stuck in.

Thought I was going pretty well, good volume, good intensity. Felt like it was the shoes doing the damage, but not so sure now.

If I can some how get away with just missing the Time Trial and Long run from one week I'll be massively relieved. Could be that I miss the marathon entirely, start from scratch and aim for Canberra or Gold Coast next year. I think I'll still be at Sydney but am braced for the worst.


No comments:

Post a Comment