Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

City 2 Surf 2012

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/209404014
Distance:14.00 km
Time:59:56
Avg Pace:4:17 min/km
Elevation Gain:210 m
Well, the iconic fun run - City 2 Surf eh? Had to shuffle around the training this week to accomodate this one. So this was my tempo/LT run and worked out well at the back end of my biggest volume week for the year.

I actually have no idea how to race. I'm still not experienced enough to know what pace my body can hold on to. By the end of the first hill I was worried I was going too hard, but the downhills make up for it and was fairly relaxed. Seemed to be passing people continuously dodging in and out and felt like I took on Heartbreak Hill well, passing another few hundred people.

Managed the last 2k in 3:44/45 pace knowing I just might be able to squeeze under the 60min mark. Official time of 59:56 - Garmin had 59:57.7. Nice run, weather a bit shit, finished 3rd out of the 300+ UTS runners. No elite bag for me :(

Have the thoughts in my head that wonder what I could have done if I tapered and didn't run 34km two days ago etc etc. But I'm pleased to know I got this done in the time I've done.



Weekly Totals:

Running: 91.79km

Time: 7:34:55

No cross training this week so the total time is down. Biggest running week for the year by about 2km. 5 weeks until the Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment