Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

36km Endurance Run

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/107829371

36.01km
3:02:01
Avg Pace: 5:03min/km

Probably the toughest run in my training thus far. Whole body soreness. Still feeling a bit queasy 1.5hrs after the run. Got a bit dehydrated I think. Used three GU's - two 'Just Plain" and one Roctane. Roctane has more sodium, potassium and caffeine than the regular GU's. Tried to drink a little bit whenever I came across a bubbler, but still I don't think it was enough. Back pulled up a bit DOMSey after the yoga yesterday, just not used to doing much with the upper body/posterior chain. Highlights a weakness that I will work on after the marathon.

Apart from all that, a great run to do. Bay run, Pyrmont, Barangaroo, Opera House, Botanic Gardens, City, Blackwattle Bay, Bay Run. Amazing place Sydney. I actually stopped for a few minutes at 35km thinking I would finish and walk home, but decided to restart the Garmin for the final km so there's about 5min all up where I paused for drinks and that final stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment