Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

5km Tempo Run

http://runkeeper.com/user/adrianmiles/activity/22412212

24:25
Avg Pace: 4:52 min/km

First run in my new Nike LunaRacers which felt really nice. Maybe I should be a little ashamed of myself, but I actually really liked having a bit of cushioning! Compared to the Free's that I have been running in these are a lot more 'snug' but are a little lighter and a lot softer underfoot. I probably dont have the same proprioception as I would, but then I dont feel as much of a muscular shock through my lower legs either. Anyway, the real test will be on the weekend when I try do 16km.

Maybe its the novelty of new shoes but I just felt comfortable and when my runkeeper app said the first km was under 5min I thought I'd have a hit at a tempo run instead of the easy km's that I had planned. Good run with some impressive (for me) sub-5min splits.

No comments:

Post a Comment