Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

12km Base Run


http://connect.garmin.com/activity/114014922

12km
1:01:35
Avg Pace: 5:07min/km

Not as easy as I'd hoped. Yesterday was a really off day, headache and very tired. Today was better, but towards the end of the run I could tell my body is 100%. Slightly mucosy. I think I drank about 3 litres of water today so hopefully that will help. Ate a reasonable amount of fruit too. Need better sleep. I woke up in a panic about not having tried one of the flavours of gel I bought yesterday. So I had to try it today.

I'm so stupid. I bought these super-expensive Roctane GU's which have extra sodium, potassium and BCAA's in them. They're bloody $6 each! I'm just over anxious because I seem to sweat a lot, my visor is all white, and I'm keen to keep the electrolytes up, but not too much, so I'll alternate them with regular GU. The nutrition plan, as I previously wrote is: Plain GU 10k and 38k, Roctane GU at 20k and 29k. Pretty much a constant stream of carbs into the body.

Had a massage yesterday from Easy Tiger, there's not really much more that I can do except stretch try to slow down on the junk food and accept whatever happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment