Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blackmores Sydney Half Marathon 21.1km

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/595089966

Distance:21.10 km
Time:1:24:19
Avg Pace:4:00 min/km

A 4:18 improvement on last year. Actually ran well beyond what I thought I was capable of. Was thinking between 85 and 86 would be great - but would more likely be 86-87. Got too far back at the start, took me 2min to get over the start and basically passed 1200 people during the race. Was a bit late to the start and the 85min pacer was literally three people ahead. Not sure whats up with the markers, but the 1st and 2nd km markers had me at 4:30km pace.

Probably the best thing for me was linking up with an Irish lad who was at my pace (actually a touch faster) who pulled me along from about 14k. He ended up getting about 12 sec up on me, but I was a minute up on him in net time. Somehow put in 3:48s over the last 2km which is nudging my 5k race pace. 

Apart from some really tight shins through the first km, and some hot spots that developed towards the end I felt good. Hopefully I can get a seeded entry at the Run Sydney Half.


No comments:

Post a Comment