Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sydney:10

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/307302649

Distance:10.00 km
Time:39:00
Avg Pace:3:54 min/km
Elevation Gain:73 m

Wasn't feeling as great as I would have hoped. Have been a touch flat during this week and the calf has bugged me. Got in and tried to the best I could, calf felt pretty much fine whilst running.

Got back a bit too far at the start - I have to learn to push up closer to the front. Felt a little trapped and knew I was behind slower runners. Went through half way at 19:36 - so managed a negative split by 6 seconds.

Looking at the splits, despite being off a bit (partly garmin inaccuracy, partly cos I ran a pretty wide line) I'm actually pretty pleased because they are pretty damn even, apart from the first.

In terms of official PR's its a 7:05min reduction from 2010. This being my first official 10k since then. Am super impressed by anyone that runs faster than me and somewhat envious. Tonnes of work to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment