Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sydney:10

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/307302649

Distance:10.00 km
Time:39:00
Avg Pace:3:54 min/km
Elevation Gain:73 m

Wasn't feeling as great as I would have hoped. Have been a touch flat during this week and the calf has bugged me. Got in and tried to the best I could, calf felt pretty much fine whilst running.

Got back a bit too far at the start - I have to learn to push up closer to the front. Felt a little trapped and knew I was behind slower runners. Went through half way at 19:36 - so managed a negative split by 6 seconds.

Looking at the splits, despite being off a bit (partly garmin inaccuracy, partly cos I ran a pretty wide line) I'm actually pretty pleased because they are pretty damn even, apart from the first.

In terms of official PR's its a 7:05min reduction from 2010. This being my first official 10k since then. Am super impressed by anyone that runs faster than me and somewhat envious. Tonnes of work to do.