Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

16km Tempo

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/302842792

Distance:16.13 km
Time:1:05:13
Avg Pace:4:03 min/km
Elevation Gain:118 m

Third long tempo over six weeks. Pace has come down from 4:12's to 4:07's to 4:03's (by the garmin). Felt better today than either of the other two, felt like I could have held that pace for at least a few more km. Was getting tight on the left side though.

Ran in the new Adios which seem quite good. Test will be on a two hr + run.

I think I just ran my 10k PR on this.

2 comments:

  1. On fire mate. So the secret is tempo runs.. I'll be taking this up more often. Whats the target for the SMH half?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - I think the secret for me has been to string 12 weeks of consistent running together at once. Two months of pretty easy running - with just a couple of harder sessions. Then more regular, faster running over the last couple of weeks definitely pushes things along though.

      Probably hoping to be at 86-88mins for SMH - I'm unsure about how badly the hills will affect things.

      Delete