Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

SMC 5K

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/244222720

Distance:5.00 km
Time:19:22
Avg Pace:3:52 min/km
Elevation Gain:42 m

First official 5k race. Felt very much out of place lining up at the front at the start - but having a look at last months times I knew if I went sub 20min I'd be in the top ten. Very weird to set off at a pace that had me running third for the first 300m. Soon realised I was well out of my depth and just had to hold on for as long as possible.

Two things about this course is that there is a reasonable incline from about 2km up to the turnaround at 2.5km, and that slows things down, but then you get to come back down which provided a bit of relief - not much. Once back down and heading towards the finish I knew I was in trouble when I started feeling like I could both shit my pants and puke at the same time.

I guess I'm pretty happy with the result given the last 3 mths of training.

Massive forehead





1 comment:

  1. Great time mate... I am very familiar with simultaneous spew/poop sensation.

    ReplyDelete