Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

30km Long Run

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/201651624

Distance:30.02 km
Time:2:22:44
Avg Pace:4:45 min/km
Elevation Gain:361 m
Avg HR:154 (82%)
Max HR:169 (90%)
Program called for a 29km long run and I planned it perfectly, hitting 29km right on my doorstep, but thought 'Why not 30km?' I like rounded numbers. So 30 it is. Much hillier than all my previous long runs which I usually do on the flat. Not that much slower either. the quicker downhills make up for the slower uphills. Took a powerbar gel at 10km and 21km which is also the first time I've really structured some nutrition into the long run this year. Kept me feeling stronger towards the end.

Body felt mostly ok. Didn't tape the foot, just used blister shield - might need to double the dose. Can feel every bit of gravel beneath my feet towards the end. Cooler weather with some stronger wind at times as well as a tiny bit of drizzle. Wifey made me recovery pancakes with ice cream and banana. Win.

Weekly Totals:

Running: 81.20km
Cycling: 63.36km
Strength: 25mins

Total Time: 9:32:12

Bit of extra cycling this week. Lazy, again, with the strength work. Happy with the running. Shorter recovery week this week before launching into some intervals which I'm looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment