Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

5km Aerobic Base + Strength

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/188433584
Distance:5.03 km
Time:23:42
Avg Pace:4:43 min/km
Elevation Gain:77 m
Getting back into it. Tiny, tiny bit of discomfort right towards the end. Think I need to work out how to tape properly. I think if I'd gone for another few km I may have flared it up. Iced after. Really, really hoping to be back at normal by the end of next week. Probably over optimistic.

Have got a whole bunch of running books to read when exams are done. Including Rob de Castella's bio 'Deek', Keith Livingston's 'Healthy Intelligent Training' which is all Lydiard and Tony Benson's 'Run with the best' - a touch too elite athlete for me, but still some great workout ideas (again massive Lydiard influence)

I'm also joining UTS Norths Athletics with the intention of racing on the track, hopefully avoiding coming last, in the 1500m and 5000m. Jesus.

Mid Morning:


Hit the gym - again no real structure. Was pretty sore after Monday.

3x10 Bench Press (40kg)
3x10 Deadlift (50kg)
3x12 DB Bent over row (15kg)
3x10 Lunges (8kg)
3x10 SL Squats
2x1min Plank
1x30sec plank each side

PM:

30mins on the elliptical

Thought it might be more like running than the bike. Could feel the little bumps through my NB Minimus which annoyed the hell out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment