Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

8km Aerobic Base Run

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/140457208

Distance:8.51 km
Time:45:23
Avg Pace:5:21 min/km

Yesterday I went out and bought a baseball and rolled the hell out of my calves and, too a lesser degree, my shins, quads and hammies. I also taped my shins with the KT tape as well as my right calf. Woke up without any discomfort and headed off for a run thinking that if I felt any pain I'd just can it for the day.

So for the first three, slow, k's I felt pretty good and then just started to feel my shin tighten, but was nothing compared to what I've had in the past. Tried to shift how my foot was working and even had some minor improvement when driving off the ball of my foot. All in all, it's an improvement at least. 

Later in the day I went to the oriental medicine clinic and got some acupuncture on the calves and shins. The dr pointed out that my right foot turns massively inwards when I'm lying on my back, something that a few people have pointed out. I went with the wife who translated and took photos. Hopefully with the acupuncture, baseball torture and stretching I'll get back to pain free running sooner rather than later.

Cupping pink legs
Also did push up pyramid: 10, 15, 20, 15, 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment